Holiday Cottage – Free Theme for WordPress
Holiday Cottage is a beautiful WordPress theme focused for companies related to hospitality like hotels, resorts, cottages, Bed & Breakfast or accommodation. Advanced Booking Calendar plugin is integrated with the theme and Elementor page builder powers the theme for content management. Theme easily adapts to various screen sizes and also features cross browser compatibility. This theme is suitable for easily setting up your hospitality sites without having any coding experience.
From WordPress Dashboard
- Log in to the WordPress Administration Panels.
- Go to the Appearance panel, then Themes.
- Click Add New.
- Upload the Zip file
- After Installing the theme Click Activate button
FTP Installation (alternate method)
- Use your FTP software to browse to wp-content/themes folder.
- Extract zip file and upload the folder.
- Once it’s uploaded, go to your WordPress Admin, browse to
- Appearance > Themes.
- Click the Activate link.
There are few recommended plugins by theme. You need to install those plugins.
- Appearance > Install Plugins.
- You will see list of recommended plugins. Click “Install” to install the plugin.
- Click “Activate” to activate the plugins.
How to install the Demo Content
Important: Before installing the demo content, please make sure that you have installed and activated Advanced Booking Calendar plugin and rooms are setup properly. Also please make sure that Elementor plugin is activated.
- Go to the Admin Panel > Theme Info.
- Under Demo Content box, you can see the link from where you can download sample demo content files.
- Download those demo files and save it in your computer
- Go to the Admin Panel > Appearance > Import Demo Data.
- Under Manual demo files upload section, choose those demo files you have saved.
- Click Import Demo Data button and wait until data is imported.
Go to the Admin Panel > Appearance > Customize. You will see “Theme Options”.
- Show Site Title
- Show Site Tagline
- Book Button Text
- Book Button URL
- Contact Phone
- Contact Email
- Blog Title
- Content Mode
- Excerpt Length
- Read More Text
- Copyright Text
- Primary Color
- Secondary Color
- Content Background Color
Go to the Admin Panel > Appearance > Customize.
- Site Title
- Site Icon / Favicon
You can add header image to show in the page banner.
From here, you can add your own CSS rules to apply to your site front end. Any CSS changes you make will appear in the preview, this means you have time to tweak and perfect the look of your site, without actually changing anything until you are happy with it all.
You can see Enable Transparent Header checkbox in the custom meta box when you edit the page in admin panel.
This menu will appear on Main menu for the site.
- Create a menu and add the items on the menu.
- Set the menu on the Primary menu location.
- Save the Menu
Static Front Page
- In the Admin panel, go to Settings > Reading.
- Choose A Static Page radio button.
- Choose separate page for Homepage and Posts page.
- Click Save Changes.